Ayurvedic Dosha Balancing Vegetable Soup
- 3 cups of your favorite chopped vegetables, like broccoli, kale, brussel sprouts, beets or cabbage
- 1/2 chopped medium red onion
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 2 minced garlic cloves (can be omitted but very tasty)
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Vata Spice or Pitta Spice (depending on your Dosha Type)
- 2 teaspoons Grass Fed Ghee
- small handful cilantro leaves
- Chopped cilantro or mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Water for cooking the vegetables, enough to cover them in the pot
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
Balances all 3 Doshas.
Add all ingredients in a medium size saucepan. Add salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil. Simmer until vegetables are softened. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool for about 10-15 minutes. Use a hand blender, food processor, or Vitamix to blend the soup mixture until smooth. Bring back to a boil and simmer for 5-10 more minutes. Season to taste, top with chopped cilantro leaves and serve.