Ayurvedic Kitchari Recipe
This really easy recipe makes a delicious One-Pot Kichadi.
- 1/4 cup basmati rice (washed well)
- 1/4 cup yellow chana dhal (or split mung dahl) - (washed well)
- 2 cups pure water
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 1/2 cups of mixed carrots, zucchini and other veggies
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon Vata Dosha Spice
- Himalayan salt to taste
In a medium-sized saucepan, add all ingredients and bring to a boil, then cook for 2 minutes.
Remove pot from the stove and carefully place mixture into a Thermos.
Quickly screw the top on. Your meal will be fully cooked and ready to eat in 4 hours!
Amazingly easy! :)