- 1 cup rinsed split mung dahl (red lentils can be substituted)
- 5 cups spring or filtered water
- 3 teaspoons Pitta Dosha Spice or Vata Dosha Spice
- 1 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 Himalayan salt tsp G
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Balances all 3 doshas.
Add the split mung or red lentils, Pitta Dosha Spice or Vata Dosha Spice (depending on which dosha you are trying to balance), water and fresh ginger in a medium stockpot. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until softened. When the beans are fully cooked, turn off heat and season with Himalayan salt. Set aside.
Next, sauté the ghee (or coconut oil) and the cumin seeds together in a large saucepan for a few minutes until lightly browned. Then add the mung (or lentil) mixture to it, blending carefully. Simmer for just a minute or two. Serve with rice if desired. Goes great with a side of chutney.